Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Learnt

At the age of one, I learnt to walk and talk
At the age of two, I learnt to smile and laugh
At the age of three, I learnt to eat on my own
At the age of four, I learnt to read, write and draw
At the age of five, I learnt to make friends in kindergarten
At the age of six, I learnt to choose my own clothes

At the age of seven, I learnt to befriend and not friending others
At the age of eight, I learnt to play the piano
At the age of nine, I learnt to hang out with friends after school
At the age of ten, I learnt to feel depressed for someone close who's 'gone'
At the age of eleven, I learnt of the existence of competition and expectations
At the age of twelve, I learnt to deal with betrayal and jealousy

At the age of thirteen, I learnt to buy designer brands
At the age of fourteen, I leant to be confident and that the world has much more to offer
At the age of fifteen, I learnt the concept of 'Earn your respect', to debate and stand on my own principles
At the age of sixteen, I learnt of true friendship
At the age of seventeen, I learnt to make planning in life and to look at things from different perspectives

At the age of eighteen, I learnt how it feels to stay alive in the big blue ocean and to realise the world out there is no paradise
At the age of nineteen, I learnt to live on my own
At the age of twenty, I learnt to give my heart to the others
At the age of twenty one, I learnt to let go...(sign of maturity?hmm)
At the age of twenty two, I learnt of my responsibilities and to be more 'honest' to others, without expecting honesty in return
At the age of twenty three, I learnt that 'happy' does not exist because of 'sad'. He has always been there. You just have to feel his presence.
At the age of twenty four, I learnt that to think aloud and speak out will result in better relationships with others...And that indifference is not a crime, but I should make more effort to show I care and be bothered while I am still capable...
At the age of twenty five, I learnt that body metabolism decreases as I age, and I do need to keep up with the gym visits to stay fit!
At the age of twenty six, I learnt to forgive (although not quite there yet)...everyone is selfish just because we are human, and that is how we defend ourselves from time to time. 

No comments:

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP