Saturday, June 13, 2009

hummingbird cupcakes

Dropped by Nottinghill today to shop for a birthday present. Unfortunately, I didn't find anything particularly interesting. I guess I will have to leave it for now and continue searching for it, although I already sort of have something in mind that I want to get. Back to Nottinghill, and so I was walking on Portobello Rd and passed Hummingbird Bakery. I have heard of it being the equivalent of Magnolia Bakery in NY and never taken the initiative to try the supposedly super duper cupcakes. And so I joined the craze. There was a queue, not that long but I suppose long enough for a bakery in London to be famous for. Queues ain't that common in England I would say, compared to anything else in for e.g. HK (remembered every visit to HK restaurants needs queuing). That said, Patisserie Valerie tends to be "queuey" sometimes too.

Bought two cupcakes - the Red Velvet & Peanut Butter and Chocolate - £1.95 per cupcake, takeaway. Tbh, I don't see what's so special in the cupcakes. Hmm, ok they are quite fluffy and moist. But is that the best already? Personally I don't really fancy the icing...I think it's a lil too sweet which makes the cupcake base tasteless. So, that is another overrated bakery?


No comments:

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP