Sunday, May 09, 2010

2nd May w/e - A Step Forward

The weekend weather is a bit unfriendly. Anyhow, went to meet JL for lunch near his service apartment, just in time to say goodbye to him before he flies back to sunny SG. Had a chicken burger and oreo's milkshake at Byron, Glouster Road. I still thinks it is a bit overrated by food bloggers. To do Fine Burger Co. justice that is. Dropped by Real Food Festival at Earl's Court. There were quite a lot of stalls set up. Some brands I've not even heard before. Products range from chocolates, wine, cheese, sausages, spices, sauces, beverages etc etc. I've only bought two packs of Teapigs tea - a chocolate flake tea and a jasmine pearl! Am tempted to buy the matcha too but thought it's a bit over priced at £20 for a small bottle. I wonder if it is that effective since it claims to detox and help weight loss! Wonder how is it different from normal Japanese matcha too. Hmm.

Had a pretty chilled out Sunday too although I woke up super early like 7am! Lingered a bit before heading for the gym to burn off yesterday's lunch and food tasting at the festival. Met up with CM to check out the Puppet festival at Covent. Watched Punch and Judy for a bit. Felt a bit out of place since most of the people there went with their kids and stuff. After a Le Pain moccacino, I headed home and started pondering...

I am already feeling the Monday Blues creeping in. In fact, am mentally preparing myself for the next step ahead. The hurdle that I've been anticipating for a while, one of the biggest yet.

I realised how 'emo' I have been the past few weeks. I am still trying to justify whether it is healthy being 'emo' occasionally. Some people think it's bad because it may lead to all sorts of psychological problems like mental break downs and depressio?!. But I suppose a small dose of 'emo'ness doesn't do much harm? And also, I do believe that 'emo'ness is one of the source of inspiration to most writers' and artists' works ;).

Anyhow, the ups and downs of my emotions is having an effect on me. I am losing grip on injecting positive energy to myself and those around me. Someone once said ... "It's not all about me"...I do admit that I tend lose myself sometimes. I have people whom I care about that I neglected. Time to bin those uninviting negative feelings! And also, time to stop being frustrated of whatever happens. "Take responsibility" as Susan Jeffers says, and reclaim my power!!!

No comments:

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP