Monday, August 17, 2009

Days after Bristol and NYC

I came back from my Bristol and NYC w/e with so much more holiday planning to do for the rest of the 2009. Just managed to book my flight back to KL via Alitalia (luckily the journey from Rome to KL is on MAS) through Lee's Travel for £600 (cheapest I can find for Dec!). But the agent mailed me today to say they couldn't get the transaction through. Sigh, need to call them up tmr.

Had dinner with the girls at Cinnamon Kitchen on Thurs before saying farewell to the gals who are off to South America for their exciting adventure. The food was REALLY good. I had the seafood broth and lamb curry and some random lychee and rice kheer dessert. Curry was soooo yummy. Definitely one of the top choices for Indian! Bill came to about £21 per person - about right since the 3 set menu was already £21

Watched The Time Traveller's Wife on Sat. It was such a well written story, very interesting yet funny and simply sad. Hmm I would imagine the book to be really good and probably much better than the movie. I am yet to read it.

Spent most of Sunday planning my Sweden hols at Sept and couldn't yet decide the places to go. Anyway, just need to sort my accom and train journeys at the mo.

Next in the list to plan is Cambodia in Dec. Can't wait! This is so bad - I really look fwd to trip back home but just felt depressing time flies, so fast, too fast that I just can't accept the fact that I am "aging" so fast :P.

Oh oh, I saw ONE of the perseid meteor on Sat night, approx. @ 23:58 lol. I was so happy that I did. It was really fast, almost a fraction of a second, but I managed to capture it clearly in my mind. Didn't quite expect it until Carman asked me to stare and the sky and just wait. Such a good lesson - patience is all you need to let things happen. And such a good motivation to think that you will get what you've longed for when all you need to do is go and get it yourself! The past two nights were quite cloudy, not even a single star in sight. Sigh...I guess I can't be so greedy...I am contented with just one :).

1 comment:

Car said...

"stare at the sky and just wait" Good quote! I love how you philosphied this one ;)

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP