Monday, August 31, 2009

Last Bank Holiday of the Year

Started off my bank holiday with some shopping at Covent. Dropped by Camden Market before that to check out a stall which is suppose to sell some japanese clothes. Only managed to buy two tops from a boutique in Covent and a dress from Warehouse which was on sale - 20 quid off :). Strangely central London wasn't that packed as usual, maybe its just because of the bank hols. Later, had dinner at Imli - second choice to Yalla Yalla which was closed for the long w/e. I'd say the tapas in Imli are quite spicy. The naan is so-so, just normal naans, and I only remember I like the aubergine masala more than any others we ordered.

Was down in Portsmouth on Sunday for the International Kite Festival. Got there around 1ish. There were a lot of different shaped kites at the festival and there were some kite "performance"ish thingy going on where they make different formations with the kites. The weather was not too bad but it was quite chilly and windy. After lunch, we walked back to the festival ground and bought a "pink octopus" kite to fly. Portsmouth looks like every other seaside town. There are quite nice houses around and the Spinnaker Tower is quite impressive.

Had a lazy Monday doing laundry, cleaning my room etc and planning Sweden trip. It seems to be harder and harder to do planning having three ppl living in three different countries, with different time zones, and pouring each other with a lot of different ideas and opinions on where each wanna go etc, trying to go on a trip together! LOL. Hmm just wondering if I should start getting worried since we haven't actually have a proper plan where to go yet and thus no accom arrangements made yet. Anyway, I'm sure we'll come up with something that works soon!

Work day again tmr...sigh...happiness level dropped to below zero again. I think I miss home. Reason I'm quite definite about it is because I'm starting to get bored of almost everything. I know it's not the first time I'm rambling about this. But just can't stop myself. Hmm. Ok so it seems this year is a record year - almost more than a year I've not gone "home". The bank holiday weekend seems so short. Well, you must be thinking who wouldn't want longer holidays. Hmm but it seems different, even though I have some holidays coming up, "they" are just not enough to cheer me up.

p.s. I've started using Flickr again - http://www.flickr.com/photos/nicocsm/ .

No comments:

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP