Sunday, October 04, 2009

Mid Autumn and Scandi Spirit Continues

Paid a visit to the Scandinavian Kitchen today to check out the stuff they are selling. This is what I discovered...Roasted Onions...just like the way they do it back home in Msia! I thought it was just an Asian thing but after my Curry Chicken and Roasted Onion Sandwich discovery at Stockholm's airport, I just figured out it's a Scandi thing as well!


Plus to my discovery - tried their 3 piece Smorgasbord - hot smoked salmon, egg + kaviar on rye bread and crayfish tails - pretty good


And for Mid Autumn - had dinner with YF, her parents who were in town for a couple of days, Angeline and her bro at Royal China, Baker St. Such a Msian family styled dinner which I haven't had for such a long time now. Feels so strange! The restaurant was quite packed. Didn't realise the chinese community here take mid autumn so seriously. Apparently quite a lot of chinese restaurants were fully booked as well. Food was pretty good apart from the dessert (red bean "wo bang" ain't up to standards) but the complimentary mooncake made up for it I think.

No comments:

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP