Monday, December 14, 2009

Nico's Vacation - Day 2

13/12/2009 - Woke up uber early @ 4 am to catch the 7:30 am Alitalia flight to Kuala Lumpur, transitting in Rome. I took the taxi - well there wasn't any public transport that can get me to Heathrow Terminal 4 at the wee hours of 5 in the morning. Apparently MAS is also flying out from T4 now with the closing down of T2, I guess they are shifting things a bit. There are a lil more shops in T4 compared to the last time I was there - Berlin Dec 2008 I think.

At the check in, I was told that I was to get my Rome - KL leg boarding pass when I am in Rome Airport. I was a bit concerned then already considering the fact that I only have one hour and 20 minutes to do. It is a bit weird for this kind of joint airlines flights. Normally, you are issued both boarding passes if you are transitting, right? Well at least this is the first time I had to do this, so I was like ... err .. OK.

Grabbed a Starbucks Eggnog Latte for breakfast. Is it just me or Starbucks... that nowadays, I don't think I can stand their flavored coffees anymore...they are simply too sweet without any coffee taste. Oh well, should have ordered a tall instead of grande.

Flight from London to Rome was about 2 hours plus. Flight was only half full. I'm not sure how bad is was for Alitalia to get such notorious reputation before this, but my flight was considered OK.

Touching down Rome airport, I hurried to find my way to the gates. Wasn't sure where to get my boarding pass but passed by a transfer desk with MAS sign on the screen - but it wasn't the right place -_-. The lady told me to get it from the gates...right...to the gates then. By the time I get there, 40 minutes to scheduled depart time - not too bad, not really panicking either since I don't think they dare to leave without me when I am already at the gates. Another 'queue' confusion - which queue to get my boarding pass! Argh! There were a lot of people trying to make sense of the few queues there too. I wonder why they have to do it this way - just too confusing! Anyway, I managed to board the plane...phew.

Food was quite good this time. Wonder if it is because I'm flying from Rome instead. Lunch consists of smoked salmon salad, chicken biryani, cheese and bread and a slice of apple pie ... yummy. Breakfast was nasi lemak, croissant with jam, a muffin, yogurt and fruits.

Touched down KL after 10 hours, 20 minutes ahead of schedule...

My first day in KL was basically, went to the same restaurant for lunch and dinner to meet relatives and a brief stroll in Mid Valley to shop for a threadmill for dad...that's about it. Am still trying to get over my jet lag and pack for Cambodia...

1 comment:

googoogal said...

lucky gal to be home now! rumours is it'll start snowing in london tomorrow!?!? i'll be seeing you soon anyways =) =) =)

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP