Thursday, January 07, 2010

When it snows...

I thought I've completely missed the snow this winter. I was wrong. It started snowing yesterday. And the snow remained today as the temperature fell to all time low - the coldest night of the year tonight? Hmm. As usual, when it snows, everything comes to a stand still in UK.


Putting on my "UGG Boots", I managed to drag myself to work and all the way to Asda to shop for food later in the evening - I've just came back on Sunday and have been surviving on take aways the first two days. Such a bad day to do grocery shopping. As I had expected, there were not that many buses. I called for a taxi, but it didn't turn up. After about 15 minutes waiting, some other taxis pull up in front of Asda trying to get some customers. Almost all taxi companies hiked up their prices that day. One of the drivers asked me if I want a taxi (obviously I did) but there weren't that many people on the streets - and they still want to hike up the price? hmm look who's in charge here! And so I tried to haggle managed to get a flat price of a fiver instead of something ridiculous if it's by meter - like 7 - 8 quid.

At work, there are people having difficulty getting to work and likewise some others had to leave early and work from home in case they get stuck in the office. Wasn't a productive day indeed. Anyhow, I don't have the excuse to slack since I live so near to the office! It's just the walk that is unpleasant. But I think I should be fine with my snow boots :). Hopefully the weather gets warmer again soon and melt all the iced snow away!...

No comments:

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP