Saturday, January 23, 2010

Where Home Is

Serving my last 24 hours of On-Call support, I've been obediently staying at home the whole day even though it is a Saturday. Mum said it's an auspicious day to clean the house before Chinese New Year. And so I did, well my room at least.

Upgraded my gym membership from Flexi-fit to Pay Monthly. This is just to motivate myself to work out more since I've been eating a lot since the Dec holidays. Hate Winter! I just can't stop eating! I blame it on SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). Believe me, I really had that for the first couple of weeks since I got back from KL!

The whole week has been a quiet one outside work. At work, a couple of production issues kept me busy for the first part of the week. And then it died down. Friday was pub lunch at the Red Lion for a colleague's leaving due. I'd say they do pretty good Sausage and Mash with red wine and onion sauce! Calories overloaded I know, but just can't resist! And the leaving due continued to drinks at the World's End, Camden after work. This colleague of mine is going back to Italy to help out his family business. I have to say he's a really great colleague to work with, such a nice friendly and grateful guy! I am lost of words to describe him but all I can say is that I'd learn that people will appreciate you more if you appreciate them as they are.

Right, coming back to the main topic...Where Home Is...

On the bus home from the pub, things keep floating around my mind...

I've come six thousand miles from home to live in somewhere so foreign. This September mark the 9th year I've been living in England. Along the way, I meet people, coming to this city full of hope and aspiration. To me, suddenly London's became just like an airport. It's a city with people flocking in for opportunities. But as time goes by, these people leave, back to where they 'belong'. Of course, some stay because they made here home. The question I ask myself - do I belong here...

During lunch, this Italian colleague of mine asked me if I am planning to go 'home' or stay. I know this is a very common question I get every now and then. But coming from him, I wonder, now that he's decided to go 'home', he has the right to ask because he's made a decision. And the fact that everyone else who asked the same question already know what they want and thus has the 'right' to ask? You must be wondering why am I so bothered? Well, that's cause I'm frustrated that I don't know the answer. Some said I think too much and that I'm worried for no reason and that I should just go with the flow. Is that true? I shouldn't be worried? Hmm. I really want to think that I'm thinking too much...full stop

...ok maybe not yet...and then life goes on.

1 comment:

googoogal said...

Don't worry too much - the most important thing is to be happy! If you are, then you're definitely doing the right thing but if you think you'd be happier elsewhere then just take the plunge! Life's too short =) =) =)

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP