Monday, February 22, 2010

2nd w/e of CNY

Monday morning surprise.....heavy snow in Hatfield...


Spent the past few days at work going through spreadsheets for a data collecting task...TBH, I've never used that much Excel in my life! Tedious as it is, at least I brushed up my Excel skills...

The first week of CNY in London is as dull as work goes. I have to keep reminding myself it's still the CNY cause it just doesn't feel like it. How I wish I am back home celebrating. Life...the way I chose it...is the way I should live it. I should stop complaining. But hey, I just said I wished :P...

Anyway...w/e spent quite productively I'd say. Watched Valentine's day and All's Well End's Well at Prince Charles cinema - as mou liu as expected, Louis Koo is surprisingly good in the movie and it's just the sort of movie I need to watch, just to get away from "reality". Coincidently the CNY parade is held on Sunday as well. Managed to make my way through the crowds in China Town - just not a day you wanna be in town. London crowd is fatal!

Look what I found in Japan Centre! Taiyaki!!! 4 quid for a pack of 2 - not the cheapest thing on earth - but it's London after all...


Valentine's day is a so-so movie...not great, but has its good moments. Personally I think there are too many casts - too many stories - too cramped. And it definitely does not have a fairy tale ending - which is good - at least you don't feel cheated :P. I like the reality in it. There is a scene where Ashton Kutcher tried kissing his best friend Jennifer Garner to see if they have feelings for each other, after both of them broke up with their other half. Coincidently one of my best buddy told me yesterday night that it is something that really works - tried and tested apparently. Well, its a scene you usually see on screens - but I've always thought it only happens in movies - Amy, I'll take your word for it :P. And just realised Eric Dane is equivalent to Heath Ledger + Leonardo Di Carpio - what a discovery! :P...Comparing to 500 days of summer ( which is almost the last romantic drama I watched ), 500 days definitely have more story to it, although a bit sad and a little too realistic.

So many romantic films out since it's the Valentine's month, but there is still nothing that is remotely as good as "10 things I hate about you" and "Love Actually"...oh and "Needing You" too :).

p.s "...Love, I ask, What are you made of, You are too mysterious and most of the time, too complicated for my simple mind to comprehend..."

No comments:

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP